New York Magazine has a very controversial photo on it’s front cover this month. It mimics the famous Vanity Fair cover in which Demi Moore posed nude, and pregnant. Despite how you may feel about whether women should take advantage of advances in medicine that allow them to become mothers in their late 40′s or early 50′s, the picture on the cover of New York Magazine is disturbing. The woman on the cover definitely does not look like she could be or should be pregnant. And maybe it’s that initial shock at the picture that make many people feel that women should not be using medical advances to become pregnant when they are 49, or 52 like some of the women in the article. I don’t feel like older women should not become mothers. I think there are many children in this world who would only hope to have a parent want them so much, they were willing to do everything it takes to be pregnant at 50. I’m no doctor — but it’s got to be an overwhelmingly hard experience. I had my first child at 30, and my 3rd at 35. I can tell you that those 5 years made a huge difference in how I felt pregnant. I can only imagine what a 50 year old feels like.
- RT @LeanOnAndLead: Talked to Sabrina Parsons this month at @MillsCollege about positive workplace cultures for working families. @mommyceo… 1 day ago
- RT @B2BSeth: here's @mommyceo on why subscription #accounting makes the most sense for your practice bit.ly/2n5XTOp 6 days ago
- RT @PaCPAs: Some great stuff on @AccountingWEB today, including this thought-provoking piece: Subscription accounting? https://t.co/Eij0J8z… 6 days ago
- RT @FranchiseKing: The latest The Joel Libava Daily! paper.li/FranchiseKing?… Thanks to @mommyceo @USA_Biz @the_cma #socialmedia #digitalmar… 1 week ago
- RT @AccountingWEB: 3 Reasons Why Offering Subscription #Accounting Makes Sense for Your Practice bit.ly/2nrUn1O (by @mommyceo of @… 1 week ago